Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Yes and no: Ray Rice edition

Yes, Ray Rice did an awful thing and he should be suspended for the year.
No, he should not be banned for life from the NFL.

Yes, Stephen A. Smith is right when he says that if the NFL will have Michael Vick back then it should take Rice back after his suspension.
No, Smith did not equate women with dogs when he said that if Vick can come back then so should Price.  What he did was compare two awful things two black males did.

Yes, the NFL didn't get this disaster right when it only gave Rice a two game suspension.  But they subsequently did make the necessary changes that will make sure they get it right from now on.
No, there does not need to be mass firings at the NFL head office over this.  But there does need to some over the way they're ducking the concussion disaster.

Yes, these are my opinions.
No, I don't care if you agree with me or not.
No, at no time am I asking and nor will I ask that you adopt my opinions as your own.
And also, I don't give a shit if you stop reading this blog because my opinion clashes with yours.

No comments: