Thursday, June 18, 2015

Rush to judgment

A white female ammosexual apologist, although I suspect she's a white dude who's catfishing us all, is all over the comments section on Mediaite's Charleston church massacre story.  She's demanding we all not mention the fact that the police have said the shooter was white and that we must right away forgive the shooter for what they've done so we can all move on as quickly as possible from the crime.  

It's funny because people like her are quick to assign collective guilt to all black folks when a black person does any kind of high profile crime.  Muslims too.  But when the suspect is white, don't you dare go tarring all white gun owners with the criminal brush.  It's an isolated incident, an act of isolated madness, when in fact, it's usually yet another in a long string of mass murders carried out by angry white guys with guns.  

I'm sad and angry this happened again.  But I'm not surprised.  I'm never surprised by the levels of gun violence in the USA.  If I had the money, I'd move to a Scandinavian or antipodean country in a heartbeat. 

No comments: